Couponing is a hobby that can save you thousands. You might think that extreme couponing is a little bit, well – extreme, but the people who are into it make their living like that. On the other hand, why would you pay the full price when you can get the same item for just a fraction of it? It seems that the best thing you can do is be somewhere in between. One of the questions that couponers often have in mind is: How to find the best coupon deals on short notice? Now, let’s see.
What are the best coupon sources
As couponing is becoming more and more popular, the number of sources you can get the coupons for grows. The first coupons appeared in 1887 when Coca-Cola thought of “buy two, get three” deal. That’s where it all started. Now you can find coupons almost everywhere and for pretty much everything – from groceries to holiday arrangements. Here are some of the most popular coupon sources:
- Store flyers – almost every grocery store has them. Sellers use them to promote their business or certain products, while buyers get the wanted items at discounted prices, it’s a win-win.
- Coupon walls/boards – always check those for the best deals.
- Local newspapers – these are great for finding out about the discounts and great deals that you can get in your local stores without going to each one of them.
- Coupon websites – these websites are great for finding the current deals wherever you want to. Searching such websites is so much easier than looking through a heap of coupons that you have on paper.
- Coupon apps – the most practical choice since it allows you to have all of your coupons with you at any time. Couponing apps will give you notifications on special deals – that’s short notice too!
Be loyal to certain manufacturers and companies – you will get the special offers
Manufacturers value brand loyalty and they show that by offering special deals to their regular customers. Some socially responsible companies selling goods or providing services save their discounts not only for their regular customers but for pensioners, students and some other categories too. That is their way of showing their loyalty to the customers. You can visit websites such as smallworldmoving.com to see what we are talking about.
Loyalty programs will help you find the best coupon deals on short notice
Being organized pays off
When we are talking about finding the best coupon deals on short notice, we need to address the most valuable of skills that will get this hobby to another level. That is – being organized. Extreme couponers usually have binders where they arrange the coupons by the expiration date or some other criteria. They say that once you have everything in place, you only need an hour or two per week to devote to getting the new ones. Basic tip: Keep the ones with the soonest expiry date closest to the front of your binder and take the expired ones regularly so that you are not unpleasantly surprised at the store counter.
Knowing how to reach the overage will get you there faster
Overage is something that every extreme couponer dreams of. This happens when the worth of your coupons overcomes the price that you would have to pay for the products. But how to get there, you might ask.
Even with a receipt this long you can go back home with more money than before shopping
These are the possible situations in which you can have your cake and eat it too:
- When you combine price matching and couponing technique – This is where you can benefit the most by simply being informed. If you know that a certain product is cheaper in some other store, you can ask for price matching! Not all the stores will allow you to do this, but when you know which ones would, concentrate on them to get the best deals. Now, when you find the store that is willing to let you pay less just because their neighbors have a discount on the product, you can apply a coupon for the item in question and go home with it and some extra cash!
- When you combine a store coupon and a manufacturer coupon for the same products – but before you start loading your cart with enormous quantities of groceries, you should doublecheck. There are some stores that will not let you use both types of coupons simultaneously. Knowing which ones do allow the combination will help you get the best coupon deals on short notice when necessary.
- Catalina coupons are those slips that you can get once your purchase is made. It gives you a certain amount of credit to use on your following purchase. If your current bill is lower than the value of your Catalina coupon – that means that you can get the overcharge. Once again, some stores will not pay you the difference in cash. You might be asked to buy some more items for the value of the surcharge.
- Items that are on clearance or on sale are usually the ones you cannot use the coupons for. But, that is not always the case. Some stores will allow you to use both conveniences.
Even the most attractive offers can pass you by if you are not informed. If couponing is your hobby or simply a way to save up some cash, then you should be systematic about it. The best deals usually last for short periods of time. You wouldn’t want to miss them only because you were too lazy to check the store’s website. Always have a wishlist ready so that you are reminded what you should be scanning for.
You can save even more than 80% by being in the know
Speaking of lists – sticking to a shopping list when buying with coupons is essential. You won’t be able to save, in fact, you might even overspend if you are not disciplined. Also, extreme couponers sometimes develop a hoarding habit which can be a serious issue.
Having a shopping list with you at all times is crucial
Speaking of lists, sticking to a shopping list when buying with coupons is essential. You won’t be able to save, in fact, you might even overspend if you are not disciplined. Also, extreme couponers sometimes develop a hoarding habit which can be a serious issue.
Find your best style!
Fine Home Lighting and Fine Home Lamps are committed to providing customers with fine quality home accessories at the best possible prices along with providing knowledgeable and responsive customer service.
About Fine Home Lighting and Fine Home Lamps
FineHomeLamps.com has been in operation since early 2009. We carry over 10,000 hand-selected home accessories such as table lamps, floor lamps, chandeliers, including wall mirrors, wall clocks. and wall art. We continually expand our inventory in order to provide additional choices for our customers.